At Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. our employees are dedicated to developing and delivering innovative cell-based therapies. Because we believe that each employee contributes directly to Cytori’s growth and success, we strive to encourage both their professional and personal development.
At Cytori we foster a workplace culture in which our employees are respected and valued so that we may recruit and retain the best people for our innovative, fast-paced, and exciting business.
Cytori is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity and fairness in the workplace and invites you to submit your resume.
Human Resources Business Partner
Location: San Diego Campus
Cytori Therapeutics is a US public company (Nasdaq: CYTX) that develops and markets specialty therapeutics to treat a variety of niche medical conditions. Cytori’s clinical development program includes mid and late stage clinical trials in Europe, the United States and Japan in scleroderma, osteoarthritis, urinary incontinence and the treatment of thermal and radiation related injuries.
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for the entire scope of the HR function, including: talent acquisition, compensation/executive compensation, health and retirement benefits, HR policies, compliance, and environmental health and safety. Incumbent develops the HR function, balancing appropriate risk with necessary compliance for employment related matters, including internationally. Understands the larger industry context, competitive landscape and industry trends in order to help advise and lead with the senior leadership team.
- Leads all HR processes for Cytori performance management, compensation planning, learning and development, employee relations, benefits negotiation and enrollment, affirmative action planning.
- Works with CEO and the leadership team members in support of company strategies. Applies expertise in organizational effectiveness/development, change management and HR business consulting. Supports Leadership Team members in people management aspects of their organizational strategies. Aligns other HR practices consistent with the strategy and needs of the business
- Utilizes HR information systems (ADP) appropriate to the stage of company growth and resources
- Ensures employment law compliance, develops company-wide policies, manages employee relations
- Manages vendors to ensure appropriate delivery of services
- Develops models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps
- Assesses the competitiveness of all HR programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets
- Manages the budget and other financial measures of Department.
The person applying for this position must have the ability and background to perform all of the tasks described above. Specifically they must possess:
- Extensive knowledge of California Employment Law
- Knowledge of multiple practice areas of HR such as compensation, talent acquisition, employee relations, organizational development etc.
- The ability to prioritize conflicting demands from multiple internal clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to communicate and work effectively within all levels of the organization
- Five to Seven (5-7+) plus years of experience in a business environment. Medical or Biotechnology experience preferred; experience in public companies required.
- HR certification, advanced degree in related area or equivalent professional experience in Organizational Psychology, Industrial Relations, or Human Resources.
- Demonstrated experience in multiple practice areas of HR such as compensation, talent acquisition, benefits, employee relations, etc.
- Experience effectively delivering feedback and managing change at all levels in the organization.
Knowledge in utilization of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet applications
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, bend, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must have the manual dexterity and manual ability to effectively use computer terminals. Person must be able to work near or around human and animal tissue and lift up to 40 lbs.
Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Applicants for this position should send their resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. strives to provide its team with a comprehensive, competitive, and flexible selection of benefits to build health, wealth, and quality of life.
Enjoy time off on us. A balanced work life increases productivity. Cytori offers paid time off including vacation and 11 paid holidays.
Healthy employees mean a healthy workforce. We understand that a comprehensive health and wellness program is key to maintaining a healthy and positive staff. Cytori offers complete health coverage including medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options. We also offer flexible spending accounts to help reserve pre-tax dollars for health and dependent care.
Cytori’s insurance plans provide peace of mind. Our benefits program includes life, short term and long term disability insurance plans to replace a portion of your income in the event of injury, illness, or death.
Reaching your retirement and savings goals is simplified through Cytori’s 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan. The plan is a convenient way for our people to save for retirement and meet future financial goals.
Life can become overwhelming at times, but help is just a call or click away with our employee assistance program (E.A.P.). Cytori’s E.A.P. is designed to provide counseling 24/7 for employees and their family members regarding a variety of issues in or outside the home, from financial advice to conflict resolution at no additional cost.